- The New York Rangers tied for the lead in the Atlantic, and for that matter the entire East, with the Pens, on a six-game winning streak, with their only loss from the Penguins on their first game of the season? Rags are finishing strong with 13 goals in the third period, 5 more than the next team.
- The Ottawa Senators first in the Northeast with a blowout win against Tampa last night? Milan Michalak with his first hat trick, in a Senators uniform no less.
- Speaking of Tampa, believe it or not they were first in the Southeast until the Capitals beat San Jose last night, and took the division lead.
- Detroit's in third. When's the last time that happened? 1991?
- The Colorado Avalanche are sharing the Conference lead with the Chicago Blackhawks and leading the Northwest with 11 points in 7 games. Who would have thought we'd be saying that this season? Anyone? Maybe Craig Anderson is the real deal, playing all seven games and posting a .940 save percentage. Not too shabby.
- The Northwest also holds the best the Power Plays in the league with Calgary (41.2%) at the top, followed by Vancouver (36.8%) and Colorado (33.3%).
- And the Phoenix Coyotes and the Los Angeles Kings are tied for the lead in the Pacific with 8 points. But the Sharks, Ducks, and Stars are all right behind them with 7 points. The big reason for the Dogs? Ilya Bryzgalov with 2 shutouts, a .952 save percentage, and a 1.17 goals against.
- And what's with all the hat tricks? Four already in this young season, Mike Richards with the first, Ryan Malone, and the previously mentioned Michalak's makes for an even swap with Dany Heatley's. One of which was off a penalty shots, also one of four already taken this year.
Okay so not that crazy, but what about this...
Taken right off the NHL.com standings page. Will these two teams meet again in the Stanley Cup Final?! You decide!
"And I would like my undies back." - Walter Sobchak