Thursday, October 1, 2009

Breakdown Wrap-Up

I hate predictions, there's such a fine line between looking like a genius and looking like Eklund.

But fuck it, looking stupid isn't nearly as painful as being stupid.

1. Chicago Blackhawks

2. San Jose Sharks

3. Vancouver Canucks

4. Detroit Red Wings

5. Calgary Flames

6. Anaheim Ducks

7. St. Louis Blues

8. Dallas Stars

  • Putting Chicago first is probably a mistake unless Huet lives up to the contract, or the Bowmans' deal for someone. Somehow.
  • I really like the Canucks this year, I think that team's going to be my girlfriend this season.
  • Dallas is another longshot considering last season, but I think they're pissed.
Three True Contenders... Chicago, Vancouver, and Calgary. Just a gut feeling.


1. Pittsburgh Penguins

2. Boston Bruins

3. Philadelphia Flyers

4. Washington Capitals

5. Montreal Canadiens

6. New Jersey Devils

7. New York Rangers

8. Toronto Maple Leafs

  • For some reason, as good as the Pens are, I don't seem them getting to the finals. They'll roll through the regular season, but it'll be a different story in the post. Too many young egos.
  • Putting the Habs up that high is probably a mistake, but I think this group is better than what was there last season.
  • Toronto making the dance is my shot in the dark, that one's probably going to make me look stupid. But again, fuck it.

Three True Contenders... Boston Bruins, Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals. Not really risking much there.

Awards...

Hart...
Ovechkin. Big surprise.

Vezina...
Luongo. Oooooh.

Calder...
Victor Hedman or Jonas "The Monster" Gustavsson.
Hedman's probably a lock, but if Toronto makes the dance I got a feeling its going to be this guy that gets them there.

Selke...
Mike Richards.

Lady Byng...
Who cares?

Art Ross...
Malkin. Double Oooooh.

Norris...
Dan Boyle.

Jack Adams...
Andy Murray.

Presidents Trophy...
Pittsburgh Penguins

Prince of Wales...
Washington Capitals

Clarence Campbell Bowl...
Vancouver Canucks

Stanley Cup...
Vancouver Canucks

So there's my ass flapping in the breeze. We'll be re-picking when we get closer to the postseason, so I can make it look like I know what I'm talking about.

Here's to Opening Night! Hope its a great season!

2 comments:

Spec7ral said...

Some ballsy playoff predictions, I like 'em. Calgary definitely looked good last night. Toronto looked not as shitty as last year. And I think the Canadiens effed themselves a bit losing Markov for at least 2 months.

Nuuuuugs said...

I thought I'd at least make you vomit with the Canucks pick.