Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Game Six, Life or Death

Who didn't want every one of these series to go seven games?

The seventh game, the one that makes the previous six irrelevant.

Needing overtime to force it, the Caps beat the Pens in Game 6 in Pittsburgh, after running away with a 2-0 lead in the series, only to drop the next three. This has literally been the series. 'Nuff said.

The young Hawks had the most important game in years for the Chicago franchise in what I believe was the highest scoring game in the playoffs so far. I sure-as-shit thought the Canucks would take the series, and that it would take seven to do it. Just proves I don't know shit. You can stop reading now.

Only a few wise men thought the 'Canes would give the B's a run for their money. The Bruins played passion-less hockey since the Habs series, until a 4-0 shutout in Game 5 when their ass was on the line. I expected the Bruins to mow through the Hurricanes in 5. They got the lawnmower started in Game 5, but they'll need to keep it running and win out the series, so that we both don't end up looking like assholes.

Tonight I'll either be witnessing the Ducks force a Game 7 or Detroit heading off to the Conference Finals. After watching the Wings flick the switch halfway through Game 4, and just completely throw it into another gear of competitive playoff hockey, I get the feeling I'll be watching 'the handshake' tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm a realist, and a pessimist, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I'll be taking a shit-ton of photos for a little slideshow to follow. When I get around to it.

No comments: